EXPLANATION OF THE PROBLEM
Similar issue to this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250266685
All Apple-made apps—i.e. the default ones— are missing. Example, searching for “Settings” or “Safari” or “Mail” gives no results. Both full and partial search terms (e.g. “Set”) have the problem.
Any apps that Apple makes and distributes via the App Store, however, do appear. Example, searching for “Shortcuts” works every time.
WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR
- Playing with Siri & Search settings
- Settings -> Siri & Search -> Turning off the three toggles (labels start with “Suggestions in…”)
- Settings -> Siri & Search -> Turning off the toggles in a single app (e.g. Settings), force-quitting, and then turning it back on
- Soft and hard restarting the device
- Resetting it to various degrees
- Settings -> General -> Reset -> “Reset All Settings”
- Settings -> General -> Reset -> “Reset Location & Privacy”
- Settings -> General -> Reset -> “Erase All Content & Settings”
- Trying to “force” re-indexing
- Changing the language to another language, force-quitting Settings or restarting, and then back to English. Tried with a few different Englishes, Korean, and French
- Emailing myself from the device
- Turning off Contact syncing, restarting, and turning it back on
Note: only my iPad has this problem; iPhone is fine.
Please help! Not being able to open apps via Spotlight makes my iPad use both uncomfortable and slow.